Have you ever dreamed of going to Abu Dhabi? Or, perhaps, owning a property there? The iconic board game Monopoly is about to make your dreams come true (well, at least on the tabletop) with its latest regional makeover, featuring the capital of the United Arab Emirates and only a few months after the Monopoly Barbie edition. Fans of both Monopoly and Abu Dhabi will be pleased to learn that all the board squares have been revealed! The latest edition will feature prominent locations, landmarks, beaches and squares from all across the capital city.
Ever a popular tourist destination, Abu Dhabi attracts millions of tourists each year. It is estimated that over 24 million tourists have visited the United Arab Emirates capital since the start of 2023. Obviously, not everyone can make such a trip physically, but at the very least, you can enjoy a walk in Abu Dhabi on the tabletop by playing a game of Monopoly!
So Many Iconic Locations, so Little Tiles!
With so many cultural landmarks to choose from, the choice of which ones will be making it on the game board could not have been easy. If you don’t happen to see your favorite tourist site, do not despair! Who knows, it may be featured in a later edition. Here are all the current locations and landmarks you can experience while playing the Abu Dhabi edition, along with which tile color they will be on:
- Red tile – Cranleigh School, Aldar Academy and Aldar HQ
- Yellow tile – Al Ain Oasis, Liwa Region and Sir Bani Yas Island
- Orange tile – Mina Fish Market, Reem Mall and Yas Mall
- Green tile – Saadiyat Lagoons, Saadiyat Grove and Yas Acres
- Light blue tile – The National Aquarium, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and Yas Waterworld
- Dark blue tile – The Louvre Abu Dhabi and Zayed National Museum
- Pink tile – Nurai Island, Saadiyat Beach and Yas Circuit
- Brown tile – Abu Dhabi Corniche and Al Wathba Fossil Dunes Reserve
- Travel tile – Etihad Airways
Those of you who are currently in Abu Dhabi, or planning to visit the capital city by December 31 can take part in a special event that allows you to play your way around an oversized version of the game. You can enjoy this oversized Monopoly experience at the Mother of the Nation festival, which will be held at the Abu Dhabi Corniche. The new edition comes at a rather difficult time for Hasbro, as the company just had to lay off another 1,100 employees, or almost a fifth of its workforce this year together with previous layoffs.