General Terms and Conditions
By accessing The Meeples Herald (the Site) you are agreeing to be bound by the Website Terms and Conditions hereafter referred to as the Terms. This entails all applicable laws and regulations and an agreement to comply with local laws. If you do not agree to the Terms please withhold proceeding any further, and do not use or access the Site. The contents on the Site are protected by copyright and trademark law.
1. Use Cases
The Meeples Herald grants readers the right to comment, discuss and share content from the website in the instances that appropriate credit is attributed to the writer and a link back to the original publication is applied.
This use should be understood as a grant of a license, but not a transfer of title. As such, this license enables you to:
- Share content on social media for the purposes of informing others or discussing any content found on the website;
- Contact The Meeples Herald with questions about the content published on the website, regarding sources, facts and accuracy
The Meeples Herald retains full copyright and trademark rights over the content found on the Site except in cases where the images, content, and other materials are explicitly attributed to their rightful owners. You may not:
- Copy, share or recreate content from the Site in whatever form without properly attributing the original authors
- Plagiarize existing content by rewriting or recreation, spinning or otherwise copying with minimum to no original work
- Use content from the Site without properly crediting its authors and source
In cases where such infringements are established, The Meeples Herald reserves its right to act as allowed by law to remedy the situation.
The publications on the Site always seek to provide you with factual and objective information that is verified and up to standard. However, The Meeples Herald makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
The Meeples Herald does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
3. Limitation of Liability
The Site will not be liable for any negative development suffered by an individual as direct use of the information found on The Meeples Herald. The publications found on the Site are meant for entertainment purposes only and will exempt the Site from any liability regarding purchases that may have been made as direct use of this website or the opinions of its writers. The Site seeks to help with reporting on developments in the industry, but won’t be liable in cases where misinformation has been conveyed whether through genuine error or factual error in the original reporting.
4. Factual Accuracy and Revision
The information on the Site may include factual, technical, or typographical errors and The Meeples Herald does not warrant that the information on the Site is accurate, complete or current. As such, readers are encouraged to notify the Site about such potential omissions or mistakes through our Contact Us page. The Site will always seek to make amends and revise content that is not up to standard or contains any of the abovementioned errors.
5. External Links
6. Governing Law
Any claims relating to The Meeples Herald must be made in accordance with European Union law and without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
7. Changes to the Terms
Changes and revisions to the Terms may be done without explicit notice. By using the Site you agree that you are bound to the most current version of the Terms. For your convenience, we will manually update the last date of change of the Terms.
- All information we collect will come with a request for consent and the purpose of the collection;
- We will only collect the specified type of information to fulfil the purposes stated in the request;
- All information is only retained for the purposes of completing specific tasks on the website such as the optimization of the page look and your experience with it;
- Site users may choose not to accept information collection such as cookies, but this could lead to issues with the user interface and experience;
- Users have a right to be forgotten as outlined by GDPR regulation and may place a data access request.
- If the Site collects personal and identifiable information, we will specifically state the purpose of this use, i.e. promotional use for email campaigns, or other;
- The Site will continue to provide users with information about data policies and practices as well as the management and storage of this information
Every user has a right to be forgotten or make a data access request and receive information about the information that has been collected from them.