Games Workshop continues to give the people what they want – more miniatures, more content, and more Boarding Patrol Boxes.
The interest in Boarding Patrols has been very high, and Games Workshop has been steadily stoking the fire. The past few months have brought us constant Boarding Patrol reveals, but the time has finally come to close the reveal season with the final two factions to join the boarding action – the Leagues of Votann and Imperial Agents.
The Leagues of Votann are quite the surprising edition to Boarding Patrols, especially considering how new they are to the Warhammer 40,000 scene. Their addition to the new mode almost purposely coincides with their reveal last year, which caused quite a buzz.
The Kyn Aim to Crush Any Foe Beneath Their Armored Boots
Boarding Patrol: Leagues of Votann will contain the following:
- 5 Cthonian Beserks – the most heavily augmented and courageous of the Kin, they are cybernetically enhanced and have access to a variety of weapons to crush any foe.
- 5 Einhyr Hearthguard – elite Kin equipped with the finest armor and weapons available. They are both the unstoppable force and the immovable object of the Leagues of Votann.
- 10 Hearthkyn Warriors – sturdy, specialized Kin soldiers clad in enclosed void armor. They have access to a wide variety of weapons and war gear, making them extremely versatile in combat.
- A proud Einhyr Champion – a seasoned commander of the Hearthguard tasked with leading from the front. Fitting its status, the champion is clad in the finest modified exo-armor fitted with mass drivers. Armed with formidable close-quarters weapons and bulky RAM shields, the Einhyr Champion is a living battering ram, who has no problem smashing through units and gates with ease.
The Imperial Agents Will Have a Rogue Trader and an Eversor Assassin
The Imperial Agents faction is all about the Imperial Navy and its colorful personnel. Boarding Patrol: Imperial Agents will contain the following:
- 20 Imperial Navy Breachers – the elite fighting troops of the Imperium, specialized in boarding actions and space combat. They are extremely versatile, expertly trained, and have access to a variety of weapons, suitable both for close-quarters and range combat.
- 10 Elucidian Starstriders – the hand-picked illustrious retinue of the Rogue Trader Elucia Vhane. They are determined, deadly, and ready for action. They consist of a Death Cult Executioner, Rejuvent Adept, and Lectro-Maester – as well as a squad of five gun-toting Voidsmen and a faithful ship’s Canid.
- An Eversor Assassin – a true embodiment of fury and death, this assassin does not use stealth and precision, but sheer psychotic fury and unbridled destruction. Only death can stop him from fulfilling his mission.
Both the Imperial Agents and the Leagues of Votann will be getting extra Boarding Actions rules in the next Arks of Omen: The Lion. Both of these box sets can be used for a Boarding Patrol game or as a core set for any army. They are well worth the buy for any Warhammer enthusiast.