The Dungeons & Dragons hype is booming more than ever, stoked by its very successful movie adaptation Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves and of course Baldur’s Gate III. Mass media aside, they have been making all the right moves when it comes to updating the tabletop RPG with many gameplay changes, not to mention the upcoming 2024 book releases.
And while we’re on the topic of Dungeons & Dragons book releases, it appears Wizards of the Coast will be needing some dedicated book artists. They are offering a dream job to cover artists worldwide, with an annual salary ranging from $77,200 to $145,200 to make timeless art for your favorite franchise. Naturally, there are certain requirements and specifications the individual must fulfill in order to be considered suitable for the position.
You Have a Book Cover Boss in Front of You! Are You up to the Challenge?
According to the job description, the position is hybrid, meaning the candidate will have to partially be present at the Wizards of the Coast’s office in Renton, Washington. This instantly makes the job more suitable for US residents, but if you live abroad and are willing to make the sacrifice, then this shouldn’t present much of a problem. The candidate must fit the following criteria:
- 3+ years of relevant experience, especially in a large-scale art production role with complex, even opposing priorities.
- High proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with multifaceted production standards, as well as clear knowledge about Pre-Press and Pre-Production expectations for both print and digital product spaces.
- A keen eye for detail and a hunger to learn.
- A genuine and contagious love for and curiosity about Dungeons & Dragons and/or other table-top experiences!
Furthermore, Wizards of the Coast will be expecting the candidate to revise Dungeons and Dragons book reprints and localization efforts, and provide constant updates and support to the Art team in all their day-to-day tasks, across all projects. The candidate must also abide by, and be updated on, every industry standard for quality, printing and production. The candidate must be driven and communicative, with a “hunger to learn”. No further details were given, but I’m sure Wizards of the Coast will have plenty of benefits! If that sounds like a dream job for you – why not give it a go?